Pages

Thursday, August 14, 2014

South Dakota - State Dessert

While getting some groceries in Custer I spotted a sign that referred to South Dakota's state dessert called Kuchen.  These were made by www.kuchenkitchens.com. I had never heard of these but always like to try local foods.  Oh my gosh, they were so good.   Dummy me should have bought more before we left South Dakota, but I didn't do it.  All of these were frozen and worked great in a microwave.  I found some recipes on the Internet, but buying these seemed like a better idea

This Kuchen is similar to a cherry pie, but yet the taste is totally different.


This is a cherry Kolache.  Very good with a morning cup of coffee.


The company also makes these tasty sandwich/snack. These were filled with pepperoni and cheese.  Yummy.













No comments:

Post a Comment