Pages

Monday, August 4, 2014

Nebraska Alliance - Rest Area - Carhenge North Platte - Lakeside Camping

Thursday, July 31, 2014
Sunny - 70 to 80 degrees

This is definitely the funniest thing we have seen on the trip.  This is a "Nebraska Rest Area". near Alliance, Nebraska. It seems to have everything a traveler needs - a recliner, toilet, and wi-fi.  This farmer has a sense of humor!  I missed it, but Roger made a U- turn so I could get this photo.  (Another reason to have a small motor home that can make U-turns).


After visiting the Hastings Museum we continued across Nebraska.  Sometimes I have a plan of what I want to see and other times we will be riding along and either spot something interesting or I'll check Roadside America for what might be in the area.  This time I spotted "Carhenge" on the map and it was along our route.  We've been to Cadillac Ranch and seen the "planted" Airstreams on I-4 in Florida so this will be another quirky thing that will go on my completed "bucket list".

This is considered "art".  Guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Free - No admission.












We spent the night in North Platte, Nebraska at Lakeside Camping.  We were on site 19, $18 Passport America, easy off-on I-80, level, site on a small lake, nice shower. Great overnight spot.



North Platte River 
















2 comments:

  1. That rest area might be just a tad bit public for me. But what a fun site. And I love Roadside America.

    ReplyDelete