Pages

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Somewhat Boring

We are both very bored.  Guess we have been in one place too long.  Having lived here in Gallatin, there isn't much we haven't seen around here.  Roger spends his day playing games on the computer.  I spend my days playing games, working on my genealogy which has turned up some interesting (to me) information.  For instance, my 5th great uncle owned what is now the Drake House Museum in Plainfield NJ.  George Washington frequently stayed there - that's pretty cool.

http://drakehouseplainfieldnj.org/

I also have spent time visiting with my family and friends.  We tend to do lunch together.  So far I've eaten at Fazoli's, KFC, Captain D's, Cracker Barrel, Dos Margaritas, Red Robin, Sax Deli, Mamas Kitchen, and had a great dinner at my niece's home.  And I wonder why I continue to gain weight?

Our friend, Carolyn, is coming to Gallatin tomorrow to visit her friend Debbie.  We will all meet for happy hour and then go out to dinner.  Carolyn bought a park model in our park, Citrus Ridge.  She also has a park model in Crossville, TN.

My sister-in-law and I stopped at Bed, Bath, Beyond and I bought a couple of items for the motor home.

We use a small can of coffee in the motor home and I found a $2 scoop that holds 2 TBSP of coffee.  The scoop fits easily into the can and it extends for use when reaching to the bottom of the can.


 
We have a very small amount of kitchen countertop and cooking is difficult (our happy hour ingredients take up most of the countertop).  My friend Carolyn recommended the Nu Wave induction electric cook top.  It should fit easily on our outdoor table.  It will also allow us to use the campground electric instead of propane for the cooktop inside the motor home.  I'm anxious to try it out when we begin our trip.

 
Here's a photo of the Gallatin "square".  It has some very nice old buildings.  Each year beautiful petunias are hung.  They are well maintained by some trustees at the local jail.

That's all for now.  Heading out to lunch with my friend, Nancy.  We're meeting at O'Charley's.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment